007 Mommies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight - The Movie!

5 posters

Go down

Twilight - The Movie! Empty Twilight - The Movie!

Post by Michelle Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 am

I saw Twilight last night & I must say - it was horrible. Horrendous acting & cheesy special effects. I will say that they stayed pretty true to the book, which was good, but that's about the only good thing about this movie. Oh, wait - no, there was a really steamy bedroom scene that was good. It was the only point in the entire movie where Edward and Bella actually had any chemistry. I had VERY low expectations going in, so I wasn't at all disappointed. Like most movies made from books, the book is always much better. If I wasn't such a die hard Stephenie Meyer fan, I probably wouldn't have gone. I just really wanted to support her and this movie. Oh, and they're making a sequel. Hopefully Kristin Stewart and Rob Pattison will take some acting lessons before they start filming again.

Has anyone else seen this yet? What did you think?
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Twilight - The Movie! Empty Re: Twilight - The Movie!

Post by Kimberly Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Kurt and I saw it this weekend, and I liked it. Embarassed Yes, they could work on their acting a bit, but I was prepared for the movie to be horrible! I was impressed that the movie was so much like the book. I thought the acting really went along with their characters. Bella is kind of socially awkward anyway and Edward is very thoughtful in what he says. Kurt said he couldn't get over Edward's "smell the fart acting", but it's kind of how I pictured him acting. The special effects were actually better than I was expecting. I didn't know how they were going to show Edward running so fast, the scene in the ballet room, etc. Maybe I just had super low expectations.

Anyway, Kurt actually liked the movie too. Of course, he never read the books, but he said he would go see the next one when it comes out.

Sorry you were so disappointed Michelle!
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.kkbabyblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:41 pm

We're going tonight....we rarely go to the movies, so I hope I'm not too disappointed. We'll definitely get popcorn though, so that will help!
Sarah
Sarah
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1911

http://picasaweb.google.com/watsonbrisar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:19 pm

okay, just got back...I liked (didn't love it), but was happy that is followed the book fairly well. Yeah, the acting was a little cheesy and most of the charachters didn't match what I'd envisioned, but overall, I thought it was good. It's so crazy to watch something go so quickly and lack so much detail compared to the book, but i'll be excited for the next one. Brian said he really liked it, so that was good too. (oh, and the baby was moving a TON while I was there, so that added to the enjoyment!)
Sarah
Sarah
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1911

http://picasaweb.google.com/watsonbrisar

Back to top Go down

Post by danielle Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:28 pm

we watched it last night. i was satisfied. i mean when you think about the target audience of the book and the movie then they did a good job. there were a few times the acting stalled but it was good. i agree that there should have been more chemistry between bella and edward, it wasn't anywhere close to the chemistry in the book. i think they got two characters casted perfectly, rosalie and mike newton. i think those two characters came right out of the book.
danielle
danielle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1545

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:42 pm

We saw this last week and took Coco along. The movie was definitely not as bad as I was expecting. They did try to fit too much into it, though. I'm actually really looking forward to the sequel. The studio is giving them way more money for special effects and such, since Twilight is doing so well at the box office.

The one thing I am sad about is that they didn't really emphasize just how "delicious" Bella smells to Edward. I also didn't like how they left out the scene where Edward is saving a place for her at a table in the cafeteria. The camera work gave me a headache--all the spinning around. It was like a WB commercial for Dawson's Creek or something. But, it wasn't that bad. Oh, and the audience at the theater started cheering when Edward came on scene, so that was pretty funny...teenage girls, sheesh!
Amy
Amy
Undercover Agent
Undercover Agent

Number of posts : 976

http://www.foxandamyinjapan.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:39 pm

LOL Amy, that is funny about the yelling in the theater. I was expecting that when I went, but never heard any! I agree that the first movie was very low budget & hopefully the sequel will be much better now that they actually have some money to work with. I saw the movie again with my mom over the holiday weekend & liked it a bit better than the first time I saw it.
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2399

Back to top Go down

Post by danielle Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:24 pm

yeah my mom is going to be here next week and i am going to go with her. we watched on the computer, jayson downloaded it, don't get mad. anyhoo the movie started toward the beginning but not from the beginning so i was a little confused at first. also the light wasn't the best so it would be nice to see it in the theatre.
danielle
danielle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by danielle Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:11 pm

the movie comes out on dvd on march 21st!
danielle
danielle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down