007 Mommies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

+7
karalee
Kimberly
Kristin-OK
janelle
Melissa
Amy
Michelle
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series Empty Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

Post by Michelle Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:42 pm

I started a book last night & O.M.G. - it is soooooooo goooooood. I couldn't even wait until I finished it to tell you how much I love it. I cant put it down. I have never been this drawn into a book before. It is mesmorizing. I can't wait to finish this one so I can start the next in the series. I've been promised that the story keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to get home from work tonight so I can read more of it!!

Below is the link, but don't read too much of the description of each book, or it might ruin the story for you.

Alternatively, here's a safe intro into the story line:

Isabella "Bella" Swan, chooses to move from sunny Phoenix, Arizona to rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie, so that her mother, Renée, can travel with her new husband, Phil Dwyer, who is a minor league baseball player. Even though Bella never had many friends in Phoenix, she attracts much attention at her new school in Forks and is quickly befriended by several students. Much to her dismay, several boys in the school compete for shy Bella's attention.
When Bella sits next to Edward Cullen in biology class on her first day of school, Edward seems utterly repulsed, even attempting to change his schedule to avoid her. After tricking a family friend, Jacob Black of the Quileute (pronounced Quil-yoot) tribe, into telling her the local tribal legends (flirting with him to do so), Bella concludes that Edward and his family are vampires. Although she was inexplicably attracted to him when she thought Edward drank human blood, she is much relieved to learn that the Cullens choose to abstain from drinking human blood, and drink animal blood instead. Over time, Edward and Bella fall in love. Their foremost problem is Bella's "alluring scent", making Edward struggle to resist his desire to kill her. However, despite this and Bella's strange knack for constantly landing herself in dangerous situations, they manage to stay together safely for a time.
The seemingly perfect state of their relationship is thrown into chaos when another vampire coven sweeps into Forks and James, a tracker, sets his sights on Bella. Under the assumption that James has kidnapped her mother, Bella is lured to her former dance studio, where James attempts to kill her. Edward, along with the rest of the Cullen family, rescues Bella before James can kill her.

ttp://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series Empty Re: Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

Post by Michelle Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:45 am

Not sure if anyone is even interested, but oh well - I'm gushing anyways. I finished the first book Friday night & had to rush out Saturday morning to get the next book. It is amazing. I'm normally not into the whole "vampire thing" and when I heard about the story line, I was very skeptical. Oh, how I was so wrong. I am DYING at work today b/c all I can do is think about this crazy book & how I want to read more of it. I brought it with me and read it while I was at stoplights on my way to work today. I'm currently staring at it under my desk & thinking "hmmm, would anyone miss me if I just tucked under my desk and read for a bit?" This is bad. Ridiculous even. I've never been this excited about a book ever, and I read a ton.

Someone should seriously read these! I could GUSH about them for hours!!
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Michelle--My whole family is way into the Twilight series. They have all the books waiting for me when I get back. Even my SIL--who never, ever reads for fun--is gushing about these. My little sis read Twilight last year, and I thought a teen vampire romance story sounded dumb so I forced her to tell me the ending Embarassed ...but I will definitely start reading up when I get back, mainly to see what the fuss is about! Glad you are loving them--isn't getting lost in a good book the absolute best?
Amy
Amy
Undercover Agent
Undercover Agent

Number of posts : 976

http://www.foxandamyinjapan.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:11 pm

P.S. Michelle--Have you seen the movie trailer for Twilight? Check it out online--it looks pretty good.
Amy
Amy
Undercover Agent
Undercover Agent

Number of posts : 976

http://www.foxandamyinjapan.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 am

Amy - yes & I can't wait for the movie. it comes out in Dec.

I just finished the second book (in less than 48 hrs) and it was awesome. On to the third!
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 am

Michelle- You're so funny. Totally not my normal kind of book either, but after all your gushing I might need to pick one of these up.
I'm reading one right now that I'm not crazy about at all... "High Maintenance" by Jennifer Belle- lots of hype, not such a good story- the main character is a loon. So I need a new book! Smile
Melissa
Melissa
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 3362

http://www.laughthroughitall.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:19 am

I really need to start reading vs. watching TV in the evenings. Especially since there is absolutely nothing on these days. I wonder if Wal Mart has these. Off to check online!! I never read for fun unless it is on the beach which ya'll know has not happened in 2 years and won;t for another 10 Wink I can't wait to start and see what all the hype is about!! Thx Michelle!!!!!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2925

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 am

OMG - Mel & Janelle - go buy it today!!!! I'm going to Barnes & Noble at lunch to pick up the third book. I can't wait. I can't adequately explain why it is so mesmorizing. I'm completely hooked.

This is so obsessive, I know. I can't help it. BUT, here's my plan. I'm sure I'll breeze through the third book in two or three days b/c I can't stand to not know what is going to happen. Then, I'm stuck b/c the 4th book isn't released for anothe 17 days. Sooo, after I finish the 3rd book, I'm going to re-read the others, slower this time. I read so fast the first time that I feel like I missed out on small details. Kind of like when you watch a good movie & you have to go back and watch it again to pick up the stuff you missed. That way, I'll be ready when the 4th book comes out. See, I told you it was obsessive.

ETA: Janelle - Walmart does have them. My friend bought hardbacks for like $10 or $11. I got my first two at Costco, soft cover for under $7
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am

LOL!! Michelle!!! You are too funny!!! I'd probably do the same thing. I've read half of Nicholas Sparks books 3-4 times each. Mostly b/c I'm a sucker for a good romance!

Off subject, but Sparks lives down the street from my friend in the next town over and is building this monster of a house. it is so pretty. Straight out of one of his books.
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:19 pm

I got my copy! I fell asleep during Claire's nap time (so normal for me) so I only got about 7 pages read but I plan to pick it back up as soon as she goes to sleep. I have a lot more energy at night for some reason.
YAY!!!!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Fantastic Janelle! I hope you like it half as much as I do.

I got the 3rd book today at lunch & reserved the 4th one when it comes out August 2nd. The guy at the counter basically said I wouldn't get a copy unless it was reserved; evidently many many people are already on the list. It was so nuts in Barnes & Noble. They are having a party on the 2nd to "ring in" the new book. It was sort of like the Harry Potter Craze a few years ago. Crazy that I had no idea how popular this book was, although I'm not surprised.
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:50 pm

So are you going to the party, Michelle? Party! Sounds like a fun night out! LOL! You could wear your vampire cape...
Sorry, I just find it funny! I am seriously going to read this after how much you seem to love it!
Melissa
Melissa
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 3362

http://www.laughthroughitall.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristin-OK Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Michelle- I'm lol at your obsession too! BUT, Randy is on his way home from Wal-Mart with the book now, I couldn't resist after your rave review! ROFL
Kristin-OK
Kristin-OK
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1486

http://randyandkristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 pm

okay, just to set the record straight - I'm NOT going to the party. I don't think (j/k)! Ha ha!

Can't wait to hear if you girls like it!
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Okay Michelle, now I'm going to have to buy all three books to take on vacation. It doesn't sound like a book I would ordinarily like either, but you've convinced me. I've been searching Amazon for vacation books, but I couldn't decide on anything. The fourth one comes out while we're gone, so I'll be ready for it when we get back.

I'm excited about having unlimited time to read on the beach for 7 days!! Janelle - Like you, it hasn't happened in a few years. We went on a cruise last year, but we took Ava with us.

ETA: Michelle - I'm not sure how much you are paying for the new book, but Amazon is taking pre-orders for $12.64. It says full price will be $22.99. It is one of their free shipping books too. Just thought I would mention it. BTW, it comes out on my anniversary.
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.kkbabyblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:48 am

I am HOOKED!!! Thx Michelle Wink I was up reading until almost midnight last night. Wwwaaayyy past my bedtime of 9:30-10pm. But I just couldn;t put it down. I have my perineotologist appnt today and Bella and Edward are coming with me! trey almost took a picture of me "reading for pleasure" LOL!!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:06 am

that's funny that Trey wanted to take your picture! he he he! I'm so glad you like it. I stayed up WAY too late last night too with the 3rd book. It is impossible to put down.
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 am

I just finished the book last night and it was TERRIFIC!!! I can barely put it into words how great this is. Everyone must read this..seriously!! Off to hunt for New Moon. I'm can't wait to start!!! THX MICHELLE!!! I would have never picked this up w/out your recommendation!

btw-Does it just keep getting better and better?
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:40 am

oh yes, they get better and better. partly because of the story line & partly because you get so attached to all the characters.

Book two will seriously affect you. I was UNABLE to stop reading. Finished it in two sittings.

I'm taking book 3 slower b/c I'm trying to relish it. I've got about 100 pages left & will devour that tonight.
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:43 am

I just ordered #2 and #3 through Barnes and Nobles. Should have those in 3 business days so probably Monday or Tuesday and I'm getting ready to pre-order Breaking Dawn. Our little local bookstore has all the others on back order so I figured I might as well order online. I had a gift card too which was nice. Now if I can only wait that long...urghh!! to be in a small town!!!

Think I might re-read some of Twilight. And I hear you on devouring. I read Twilight in two days! I couldn't put it down! Have fun tonight. I'm so jealous!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by karalee Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Ok so now with all of your reccommendations along with my entire family I might just have to borrow their books now!!!!!!!
karalee
karalee
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2146

http://www.babygmh.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristin-OK Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Started it last night and I'm hooked! Kinda makes my weekend with DH out of town look a little more fun!
Kristin-OK
Kristin-OK
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1486

http://randyandkristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 am

I finished the third book last night. It was so good. I'm having withdrawls now that I have to wait two whole weeks for the 4th and final book. Ugh, it's sad to think that this story is coming to an end.

ETA: Janelle (and anyone else who has finished 'Twilight'), Stephenie Meyer is now re-writing the first book through the eyes of Edward. The book is called Midnight Sun. She posted the first rough-draft on her website. I thought this might give you something to read since you have to wait for shipping on the next book! Check it out! (click on the link at the bottom of the page to read the .pdf of ch. 1) http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 am

My books are coming in the mail today!!! It is going to be so hard not to start reading them. Amazon didn't have the third book in stock, so it is supposed to arrive the day we leave for Jamaica and we have an early flight. I can cancel that order before it ships, so I may try to find it in a bookstore here somewhere. By how fast y'all are going through them, there is no way 2 books will last me the whole 7 days. The good news is that the 4th book will be waiting for me when I get home.
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:35 pm

They're here! Ahhh, I want to start reading so bad. I may just start the first one tonight so I know if I'll like the story line and want to take them on vacation. Wink

ETA: Not that you all want a play by play, but I received the third book from Amazon today unexpectedly. They said I wouldn't receive it until I was already on vacation. I can't wait to start reading!
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down