007 Mommies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

+7
karalee
Kimberly
Kristin-OK
janelle
Melissa
Amy
Michelle
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

Post by janelle Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:28 pm

I am soooooo jealous!!! My books will not be here until Tuesday and I'm about to go mad. I've watched just about every video on Twilight on YouTube. pathetic I know Wink And I have re-read parts of Twilight.

Thx Michelle on the website. I can't wait to get the PC from Trey tonight so i can read!! YAY!!! Another book!!!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2925
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

Post by Michelle Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Kimberly - you're so funny with your "play-by-play". I'm so glad they came in! I really think you're going to enjoy them!

Janelle - ugh, Tuesday is an eternity, huh? You'll have to jump on her site b/c she has lots of good stuff to keep you reading. Just don't read anything from any of the other pages (except Twilight) or the story will be spoiled!
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2399

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Thx Michelle for the heads up!! Man I wish we all lived closer. I already told Trey that 12-12 was to be left open b/c he was taken me to the movies!! I'm going to go early and get our tickets so as not to miss out!

And what do ya'll think? I was reading online (again--obsessed) and they were talking as if the movie was going to be more action than love story. I really loved the romance part of the book. I hope they do a good job building the relationship between Bella and Edward. that is what makes the story so unbelievable!!! wub
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Oh, I hope they don't make the movie all action. That would totally ruin it. You're right Janelle, the powerful bond between Edward and Bella is what makes this book.

How cool would it be to all go see this movie together? I'm so bummed we live so far apart. Mad
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:24 pm

I just got book one and started it this morning. I haven't had a chance to pick it back up, but can't wait to! Brian keeps making fun of my new obsession.
Sarah
Sarah
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1911

http://picasaweb.google.com/watsonbrisar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristin-OK Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, I got the book Thursday and I've already finished it! Luckily I went ahead and bought the second one too so I'm starting that now. Randy's out of town this weekend and Jack's asleep so I imagine I'll finish this one in one night, lol!
Kristin-OK
Kristin-OK
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1486

http://randyandkristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:21 am

Kristin - what did you think of the first book?
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristin-OK Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:33 pm

You know, I wasn't quite as enamored with it as the rest of you all, but at the same time, I did want to know what was going to happen so I kept reading. It seemed a bit slow at times. But, the second one is holding my attention much better so far! I couldn't put it down last night and am already on pg. 200, would've been further if I hadn't fallen asleep!
Kristin-OK
Kristin-OK
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1486

http://randyandkristin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Really? I'm sorry it went slow for you in parts. Everyone has different preferances though. I have started re-reading Twilight in anticipation of Tuesday. I also read Edward's perspective on Meyer's website. VERY good!! I can't wait to read that one!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Kristin - glad you are liking the second book. Sorry you didn't like the first one as well. Janelle's right though, everyone has different preferences.

I read Twilight again this weekend with all my down time. It was just as good the second time to me. I'm starting New Moom again on Monday. I read it *so fast* the first time that I don't even remember the middle half of the book (lol). Once you guys read it, I think you'll understand what I mean.
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm halfway through with Twilight-so good! It's definitely been hard to keep my nose out of the book! I think I'll read a little more before bed...thanks again Michelle!!
Sarah
Sarah
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:32 pm

I am so disappointed. I didn't have a chance to start the book this weekend. Maybe tonight...
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.kkbabyblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Woo hoo!! I finished book 1 last night. I absolutely loved it and couldn't stop reading. The last quarter of the book just flew by! I went to WM and bought Book #2 today. Can't wait to start it!
Sarah
Sarah
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehua-Jess Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:14 pm

There is a movie coming out in december about this book
Lehua-Jess
Lehua-Jess
Undercover Agent
Undercover Agent

Number of posts : 624

Http://www.myspace.com/texasislandgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:09 am

I have just started the Eclipse. I finished New Moon in 1 night and 2 naps. It was just so good I couldn't put it down! I want to slow down though. Too long to wait for #4!!!! Good thing it is on pre-order YAY!!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:07 am

Wasn't New Moon unbelievable? Eclipse is really good too, but left me wanting more (even more so than the other books). I guess that's good, since the 4th book comes out in a week. I can't wait!!
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh my! New Moon was incredible! I bawled like a baby at the beginning but then got angry (well-you know why..don't want to give it away) I was going to be so irrate if there wasn't some sort resolution. OK, i don't want to give anything away. Maybe I should start another thread?

I am almost done with Eclipse. i'm towards the end and my heart has raced the entire time. I'll be mia for atleast another day while I spend every spare minute of free time obsessing! At least this book has my more of my favorite pasts!!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehua-Jess Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:51 pm

I am definately getting these books now lol
Lehua-Jess
Lehua-Jess
Undercover Agent
Undercover Agent

Number of posts : 624

Http://www.myspace.com/texasislandgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am

We should have started a thread for each book. I want to look at the "chat about the saga" thread, but I'm afraid it would spoil something. I've finished the first two books and have started the third. I am like Kristin-OK, I wasn't thrilled with the first book, so I took awhile to read it. New Moon was soooo good though and I read it in two days.

Now I'm hooked and can't wait to get another chance to read. Is Eclipse as good? I have Breaking Dawn sitting on my nightstand waiting for me. It's killing me.
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:36 am

I enjoyed Eclipse just as much, if not more than New Moon. I just finished the 4th book & it was a good ending to the saga.

I read the second one super fast too - it was just too hard to put down until I knew that Bella and Edward would end up back together, kwim?
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 am

I was the same way. I really wanted to make sure Bella and Edward would end up together. There was so much suspense and drama in New Moon that you can't put it down.

I'm so glad to hear the saga ended well. I was afraid we would all get to the end and be disappointed. Since I have Ava and not a lot of time to read, I wish her books weren't 600-700 pages long!
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 am

AHHH!! I'm SO stressed! I read the first one in 2 days, then was so busy that I didn't get to the 2nd one for a week and then once I had gotten into it, I left it at Brian's mom's house! She's mailing it to me since I'm freaking out!

I hear ya Kimberly...I SO want to read the chat section but am avoiding it for now.
Sarah
Sarah
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by danielle Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:43 am

well dang i guess i will have to take a break from my jodi picoult's books. i am pretty close to being done with the first book she wrote and now i am intrigued and want to go buy the first in this set. like everyone else this isn't my usual type of story.

ETA: i went and bought the first two books this afternoon. i got paperback and the last two aren't out in paperback yet so i will have to wait. i am page 12 and can already relate to bella so much. its crazy. its also a great start!!! Yahoo!
danielle
danielle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1545

Back to top Go down

Post by danielle Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:02 pm

i started the book yesterday and am on chapter seven. OMG i LOVE edward. he is the exact type of i guy i loved in high school. jayson is very similar too. quiet and mysterious and when you do talk to him he is a smart alec. i don't want to put it down. thanks so much for the reco michelle and then all the others who have read them too.
danielle
danielle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 1545

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:19 pm

check this out - http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
Stephenie Meyer posted an unfinished draft of Midnight Sun. I'll let you read the details regarding "why", but I'm so sad that it won't ever be published. The draft doesn't get all the way through the story. boo hoo.
Michelle
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next