007 Mommies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Signing Time

3 posters

Go down

Baby Signing Time Empty Baby Signing Time

Post by Katie Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:54 am

I have to recomend these DVDS to ya'll. They are so wonderful! I guess I could put them in the baby section.....oh well.
http://babysigningtime.com/
I have the first two volumes but they just came out with a 3rd and 4th. They teach about 25 signs per DVD and it's in a really fun song/game format. Caroline already knew most of the first DVD but she really quickly picked up any that she didn't.

So I would recomend these to everyone- new babies, toddlers that use signing and ones that don't. Because they are really easy to pick up. Oh, and I got mine off eBay for a LOT cheaper!!
Katie
Katie
Commander-In-Chief
Commander-In-Chief

Number of posts : 2385
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Baby Signing Time Empty Re: Baby Signing Time

Post by Kimberly Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:57 am

Ava loves these DVDs. She always asks to watch "baby" and then she starts singing the theme song. Too cute!

We also have the first two, but I'll have to order the next two now that they're out. Ava will be so excited to have new "baby" DVDs to watch!
Kimberly
Kimberly
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.kkbabyblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:27 pm

I need to get the next two, also. Caroline was really fast to learn to say "Baby Signing TIme" while doing the signs for that. She wakes up every morning and from nap saying that!
Signing has helped her communicate so much. It's very rare that I don't know what she wants. OH, and she puts a pause in the title, like "Baby.......signing time?" Hehehe
Katie
Katie
Commander-In-Chief
Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Oh, Janelle- how close is Wilmington to you? I just saw that the creator of BST and her daughter are going to be at a library there for a meet and greet on Monday. How neat!
Katie
Katie
Commander-In-Chief
Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 pm

We are about 2 hours right up the coast from Wilmington. That is where Trey grew up! I wish I could go!! I didn't do them with Claire. I just kind of went off signs I knew from reading but I want to get them for the next one. Claire still signs as she says the word. Signing is AMAZING! and I in no way think it has kept Claire from speaking. If anything it has increased her language and made communicating so much easier!
janelle
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2925
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Oh, okay. That is how I started with signs- I had a little book and started with that. Then I would randomly google whatever we needed- like one day at lunch we were eating a peach. So I just put in "sign language peach" and go from there. I actually just got the BST DVDs last week because Caroline was watching the same movie over.and.over.and.over. Smile
Katie
Katie
Commander-In-Chief
Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Another prop for BST- they show a mom breastfeeding (even though you can't tell unless you know) and a baby with a cloth diaper!

I can't wait to get the two new volumes. Michael and I sing these songs ALL the time! Oh, and here's a little preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHwg17I2hNQ

That is probably the silliest song on the whole DVD. It's so crazy!
Katie
Katie
Commander-In-Chief
Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down