Who wants to chat about the saga? (spoiler alert!)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who wants to chat about the saga? (spoiler alert!)

Post by janelle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:01 am

So I'm sitting here biting my nails waiting for August 2nd! I'm not sure who has read all three books yet, but thought it might be fun to occupy ourselves with some discussion...

I was a little dissapointed with New Moon. It was fantastic, don't get me wrong but I was not a big fan of Jacob Black. He did make the story interesting but I couldn't get the mental picture of a scawrny 15 yr old out of my head no matter how many times he was described after he made his change. It got a little better in Eclispe for me, but I still hated everytime she went to see him. I was just waiting for Bella to make the wrong decision!! i was so praying for a happy ending!

Do you think they will really go through with it in Breaking Dawn? The whole married, sex, transformation? I'm wondering is we will get thrown a curve ball out of the gate. I want a happy ending but she has to make it interesting, right?
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2925
Registration date : 2008-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who wants to chat about the saga? (spoiler alert!)

Post by Michelle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 am

I completely agree about New Moon. I was so anxious the whole book & couldn't put it down until I got to a "happy place" - ie, when Edward and Bella were back together. I was so sad when he left her & then the author derailed my love story with this Jacob Black crap! I was thinking, okay, seriously, let's get back to the story! Jacob is so obnoxious. I don't like him either. I will say that I read New Moon again & it was a lot better the second time. Knowing that Edward and Bella get back together made it a lot easier for me to feel differently about Jacob.

I am really hoping that Breaking Dawn delivers all I want it to. Yeah yeah, she has to make it interesting, but I will be *so upset* if the marriage, sex, transformation doesn't come through. I mean, really!!

So, was anyone else as anxious as I am for them to get together (physically)? I'm sort of embarrassed to say that, but the author describes Bella's feelings so vividly and is able to write about their brief physical encounters so passionately that I can't help but get emotionally involved. That sounds silly, right?

I could ramble about these book for days! Let's keep this discussion going! I need something to dwell on until the new book is released!!
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

Number of posts : 2399

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 pm

I completely agree about them "physically" getting together. I have re-read the "almosts" so many times my eyes have gone blury! I was sure she was going to go for it in the meadow at the end of the Eclipse. I mean seriously Bella!!

And am I the only one who just wants to slap her for the way she was a little less than enthused ny Edward's wedding proposal? I do hope she gets a little more excited in the next book. And man do I want to see that heart "crystal" on her wrist. Do you think it was a diamond?

I have the same reaction to New Moon. I read it so quickly just trying to get to the good part. I even had to sneak a glimpse at the end just to make sure I wasn't going to be disappointed. I am starting new Moon again and hopefully a lot slower this time! I don;t even think I read what happened after Bella and Alice got to Italy. I skipped straight to when she found Edward. I couldn't stand the suspense!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Too funny about reading those parts over (ahem, I did too). The part where she is sleeping in his room & he moves her to his bed made my heart flutter! I mean, they didn't even do anything, but the way she writes it makes the anticipation unbearable!

And you're absolutely right - Bella needs to be slapped for not taking his proposal seriously. What is wrong with her!? Speaking of their wedding, I recently read this: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20215228,00.html

I think the heart "crystal" is a diamond. Didn't Alice say something that implied that he already had a diamond on her?

BTW - did you ever read some of the outtakes from Twilight and New Moon? She took several chunks out that really helped build the characters. It was neat to read some additional details about the story.
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Michelle-i love you Smile I am so glad I'm not the only hopeless romantic that gets butterflies reading Meyer's descriptions of Bella and Edward! How about the scene in Twilight in the car after Edward rescues her from the men on the street and they almost touch. The tension is unbearable! The way Meyer writes, the first love scene is going to be unbelievable!

I was watching an interview with the actor who plays Edward and he eluded to more movies other than Twilight. I do hope he is right!!

And where do you find all these things?? Post everything you have!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:25 pm

he he - here 's the outtakes. I'll post more in a bit - late for a meeting

Twilight Outtakes
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_outtakes.html

New Moon Outtakes
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_outtakes.html

New Moon Extras
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_extras.html
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks Michelle!! I just finished reading through the Twilight outtakes. I wish she would have left the prom scene in there. I really enjoyed it!
I can't wait to read the rest!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

OK Michelle-I'm sure you have figured this one out but that heart shaped bracelet Edward gave Bella has to be a diamond. I've been re-reading Twilight and I can't count how many times she refers to his skin as diamonds and the bracelet is suppose to resemble him. My ta da moment-excuse me Embarrassed I am catching so much more now that I'm actually reading rather than skimming trying to hurry up and find out what is going to happen next. I think they are just as good the second time around!

Man, a 5K diamond..a girl can daydream huh? study
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:28 pm

I totally agree about the second time around. I just finished Eclipse (again) and I really enjoyed it (again). I picked up on so much more reading the series the second time. Now I'm kicking myself for finishing it too soon - I have 3 whole days to kill before I can start on the new one! What am I going to do for 3 days???

Can you imagine, 5K diamond dangling from your wrist? Shesh! I totally think it's a diamond too. He's much too perfect to ever put a crystal on her hand. Plus, your right about all the references to his skin being like a thousand diamonds.

So, as I was reading the big Jacob moment in Eclipse (where she passionately kisses him back), Something clicked and I started to see why/how she has these feelings for him. I can't imagine crying like that over one guy when your with the other guy though. Talk about mean! Poor Edward. Oh, but the way he handles it makes me swoon. The perfect man, er vampire, right?

Oh, and I agree with you on the prom scene. I wonder why she took it out - it was so good! Much better than the version she actually published. I think its really cool that she put all her outtakes & extras on her website.

The movie - at first, I wasn't excited about the movie coming out b/c it always ruins it for me. They never really do the book justice & the characters are often all wrong (for my imagination). BUT, I'm actually getting excited about this movie. I think she (the author) did a fantastic job helping to pick the actors for the movie. They're not too far off from what I imagined. Bella is spot on. Edward isn't as handsome in the movie as he is in my head though. I also pictured him more "preppy" than what they are portraying. I do hope they make the other books into movies too. that would be super cool. I wonder if the werewolves would end up being cheesy though?
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:24 am

Im going to have to re-read that scene in Eclipse but I still don't see what she sees in him. I am almost done with Twilight for the 2nd time and then will move onto the others for the 2nd time. I'm trying to fill my time up too LOL!

But back to Jacob...he just seems so immature, egotistical and just a real jack a*% if you know what I mean Wink I didn't mind him so much before he changed over. He actually seemed really sweet in that scene after he and bella and Mike went to the movies. But after the change..I don't know. And I too don't see how she could cry so hard after telling him goodbye. Especially with Edward right there. I wonder if she was upset more at how this signified the end of a chapter in her life vs just the end of her and Jacob. Maybe mourning the fact she would never have the children she invisioned her and Jacob having...a normal life. But then again I could be completely reading too much into it.

I am very excited about the movie as well. Trey is interested to see why I am so captivated by the books. LOL! I don;t mind the actor who is playing Edward too much. I like that he actually looks 17ish which is a plus. I imagined Bella much like the actress they picked too. Beautiful and tough (but not too tough). I just hope they stick to the book as much as possible. I know from the trailer the scene where they talk about 17 happend in the forest but in the book it happenes in the car on the way back from Port Angeles. Hopefully I don't get too lost!

Oh, and favorite chapter in Twilight..Mind over Matter..thump thump wub

Off to read some more. I ordered Breaking Dawn site to store on WalMart.com and according to the order it should be here on 8-2 so fingers crossed they are right!!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:34 pm

ONE MORE DAY!!! I'm so excited!! I'm having some serious Bella & Edward withdrawls. I swear, these books are like a drug. It's so ridiculous.

I spent some time on iTunes last night & bought some of the songs on Stephenie Meyer's playlists for all 3 books. I'm jamming out to them right now at work. I'm sure this isn't helping my addiction, but she has really good taste in music. I'm loving some of the Travis songs I bought.

Janelle, your right about the contridiction about the movie vs. the book on when they talk about being 17. I saw that and thought, "hey, that's not right!". They better not do that too much in the movie or I'll be so upset!

Oh, and I got my mom hooked on these books. She called me this morning saying how tired she was b/c she stayed up until midnight reading the end of Twilight. He he....
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Obbessed?? Oh obbession is not a strong enough word at times to describe my unheathy relationship with these books! Suspect I find myself in "their" world daily. I am about halfway through Eclipse for the second time. I love that I know what is going to happen so I can skip over all the parts that involve Jacob (or should I say do not involve Edward and Bella Wink) I had forgotten about the scene in Edward's bed after he returned from the hunting trip when Bella was over for the "slumber party". Embarassed

Trey has no chance now that I've read this book LOL!

I just checked the status of my copy of Breaking Dawn. I preordered it from WalMart and it still says it will get here either Saturday or shortly after.... WTH??? shortly after? I want to call customer service and ask them to define "shortly after". I've waited this long I guess I can wait a few more days. Just promise not to spill the beans!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am

Oh Janelle, I hope your book arrives tomorrow. I'm going to have some serious problems pacing myself with this one. I might just forego that plan and read it twice or something during my 2WW.

All I'm going to say is..... O. M. G.

Let me know when your finished with the first section of the book. We have got to chat!
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Oh Michelle!! I am so jealous!! No I amd praying my book comes tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can last that long though. Slow down and wait for me!!

I heard that it is the longest out of the saga..true? I'm going to try to pace myself as well and take my time, but 2 weeks? Impossible!

Enjoy your reading and think of your lonely bookless friend in NC waiting patiently by the door for her copy. bounce
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Its still not here... Annoyed Of course the one time I am desparately waiting for something it takes it sweet time!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:18 pm

ARG Janelle! I am so sad for you! I couldn't put the book down yesterday. I've read 375 pages so far. Embarassed My goal was to only read 2 chapters a day - HA! yeah right. I will probably re-read this when I'm finished though. It is soooo goood.

Can't wait to start chatting about it!
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:20 pm

you are doing good! Only 375?? I thought you'd be done by now! But seriously, I've read in a few places it is not as good. Be honest..what do you think?
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 pm

I don't want to give anything away, but I really like it. The content is much more mature, so maybe the negative reviews are coming from the younger audience. It's definitely more "grown up" than the others.
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Whoo hoo!! Hopefully matuer in the way I'm thinking Embarassed LOL!! I'm bad huh? But yay!! I know if you are loving it I will too! I can't wait to get it. I about started crying when I realized it wasn't coming today. darn pregnancy hormones!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 pm

ROTFL! That is so funny & is totally something I would do when I was pregnant. Crazy hormones!
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:17 am

I'm such a dork, but I just called the UPS Innovations company to find out where my book is and apparently they outsource with USPS and they now have my book which means it will probably be Wednesday or Thursday before I get it. Go figure wal mart uses the cheapest means possible to deliver their goods. Learn something new everyday!

Still patiently waiting... bounce Maybe I should start a ticker!!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Oh man Janelle, that is brutal!!!
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:35 pm

I know, frustrating huh? Like my ticker? It is Bella and Edward LOL!! And look, we are on 2 pages with us chatting. I thought there were a few more mamas reading these...
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:22 pm

OK, Now I'm officially a bigger dork than I was already. I called this small mom and pop bookstore in town and they had one more copy left so I said screw it!! I went and got it even though I paid $8 more than if I waited patiently for my copy from WM. Trey is going to laugh at me. But I found out that the publisher is out of books and it could be another week-2 weeks before they are able get more out. maybe I should auction my 2nd copy on ebay?!

Guess what I'll be doing tonight!! yipeee!!!!
janelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Yay Janelle!! I would have done the same thing. I can't WAIT for you to read it. I'm dying over here to talk about it! Let me know how far you get - the first section is really good.

Good point about the other mamas reading it - where are they??

Too funny about your ticker - that cracked me up!
Michelle
Double-O Seven
Double-O Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next